Cedar Mountain Elementary Science Camps
The Magic of Science!
Join us for a fun science camp for kids who have finished 4th, 5th, or 6th grade at the beautiful SUU Mountain Center. Students will participate in two full days of fun and exciting science activities in the beautiful surroundings of Cedar Mountain. This year’s theme is “The Magic of Science”. Some of the activities will include; a magical science show, a trip to scenic mountain locations including Mammoth Cave, a study of electricity and energy transfer, dancing flames, collecting rocks, stargazing, building teams and much more at the SUU Mountain Center Cabin!
Dates 2022 (2 full days, 1 night)
- Camp A June 1-2, Wednesday-Thursday
- Camp B June 3-4, Friday-Saturday
- Camp C June 6-7, Monday-Tuesday
- Camp D June 8-9, Wednesday-Thursday
- Camp E June 10-11, Friday-Saturday
- Camp F June 13-14, Monday-Tuesday
- Camp G June 15-16, Wednesday-Thursday
- Camp H June 17-18, Friday-Saturday
- Camp I June 20-21, Monday-Tuesday
- Camp J June 22-23, Wednesday-Thursday
- Camp K June 24-25, Friday-Saturday
- Camp L June 27-28, Monday-Tuesday
Tuition for Elementary Summer Science Camp: $115
For the first time in years, we have raised tuition fees slightly to account for rising prices for food, gas, and other basic needs. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!
- Fees include food, accommodation at SUU Mountain Cabin, camp t-shirt, science tools, transportation from the SUU campus, supplies for all projects and activities.
- Don’t forget to check the timetables; Summer games, baseball, soccer, family vacations, etc. before choosing a side.
- Spaces are filling up quickly and will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Register early!
- Tuition fees are non refundable unless the camps are full. If the camps are full, tuition fees will be refunded. Each camp will accommodate 35 to 40 students.
- A parent/family dinner and a slide show are offered on the second evening of each camp.
- please be aware of dietary restrictions and special needs are not the responsibility of the camp. Dietary requirements should be prepared in advance by parents/guardians and given to staff for refrigeration. Our food is fully pre-purchased and no last minute accommodations will be provided.
- Please share any food allergies with staff to keep our campers safe.
More information will be included with your confirmation letter to be sent by May 13, 2022.
To apply for a scholarship, please download the scholarship application, print it and follow the instructions provided on the scholarship form.
Scholarships will be based on student need as determined from the application. If you are considering applying for a scholarship, please do so DO NOT register for a camp by registering online. Only one scholarship will be awarded per family. For more information on our scholarship program, contact:
Torrie Rice (970) 234-1349 or [email protected]
This year, we are only accepting online registrations and payments. Please click on the link below to begin the registration process. Once you have selected your camp, complete the registration process and submit your payment. If a camp is “SOLD OUT”, the dates will no longer be available on the webpage.-
Contact information for summer camps
Peggy Wittwer, Director
Brian Neibaurdeputy director of operations
Torrie Ricedeputy scholarship director
Dylan Kirklindeputy director of finance