Man charged with sexual assault at Rochester hotel stands trial


Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) – An arrest warrant has been issued for a homeless man after he failed to appear for trial in Olmsted County Court on charges arising from an attack on a woman at a Rochester hotel in August.

Deonte Jenkins, 40, faces aggravated first-degree theft, second-degree criminal sexual behavior and first-degree burglary charges for allegedly forcing the 34-year-old victim back to her hotel room after confronting her in a stairwell and indicating that he had a gun. The woman told police that she was held against her will in the hotel room for more than nine hours, from the afternoon of August 27 to the early morning of August 28.

photo by Andy Brownell / TSM

Meanwhile, Jenkins allegedly sexually assaulted and stole the woman. She told investigators he threatened her, saying he had friends in the area who would kill her and her family if she contacted the police. Court records indicate that Jenkins was then located and arrested in downtown Rochester. He told police he had recently moved from Atlanta to the city.

His trial was due to open on Monday and the arrest warrant against him was issued on Tuesday. He was released from Olmsted County Jail in October after posting a $ 20,000 bond, which was forfeited after he failed to appear for a preliminary hearing last month.

Mayo Clinic doctor pleads not guilty to child sexual assault charges

See the Minnesota home that received 133 posting requests in less than 24 hours

There is a home for sale in Bloomington, Minnesota that received 133 requests within 24 hours of it being put on the market. It shows how crazy the housing market is right now, but this house is also gorgeous.


Comments are closed.